Threat hunting that’s no longer an art

It’s a SCIENCE

We investigate 100% of unknowns

The CYDEF solution is built around threat hunting (actively searching for new and existing threats) instead of threat intelligence (what we know about previous threats) because past threats are not a good indicator of future threats.

Automated cybersecurity solutions can only detect approximately 80% of threats (according to IBM). The remaining 20% tend to be more sophisticated attacks. Human threat hunting is required to detect these threats, which are specifically engineered to bypass automated solutions.

Traditional cybersecurity solutions rely on Artificial Intelligence (AI) to score threats based on the estimated risk. However, only the threats with the highest scores are investigated by analysts, leaving a significant gap in endpoint security.

Cyber threat detection dashboard: Partners can view multiple customers at once, end-customers see only their own devices (click to enlarge).

This is the major differentiation of the CYDEF solution.

We don’t use threat scoring at all. Instead, we baseline ‘normal’ endpoint behaviors and investigate the anomalies.

Our threat hunters systematically and iteratively review all actions (Application Process and Behavior Analytics) and either add them to our allow list or identify them as threats and act accordingly. This highly procedural, zero-trust approach ensures that a human analyst reviews 100% of the telemetry.

Prior to CYDEF, this was unheard of.

How is that possible?

CYDEF’s patented Stack View technology is what makes it possible. It uses machine learning to manage our extensive allow list across all customers. Our technology is not built to catch criminals. Its purpose is to make a threat hunters job more efficient and effective.

In fact, our solution becomes exponentially more efficient with every device we protect. One CYDEF analyst can monitor the telemetry of 10,000 endpoints. And that number is getting higher. This keeps our costs low and ensures the global IT staffing shortage doesn’t impact us as much.

Since ours is a managed service, customers only hear from us when action is required, eliminating alert fatigue. We even built a tool for our customers to check our work.

The result is a more effective cyber threat hunting solution that is simple, transparent, affordable, and scalable.

How is that possible?

CYDEF’s patented Stack View technology is what makes it possible. It uses machine learning to manage our extensive allow list across all customers. Our technology is not built to catch criminals. Its purpose is to make a threat hunters job more efficient and effective.

In fact, our solution becomes exponentially more efficient with every device we protect. One CYDEF analyst can monitor the telemetry of 10,000 endpoints. And that number is getting higher. This keeps our costs low and ensures the global IT staffing shortage doesn’t impact us as much.

Since ours is a managed service, customers only hear from us when action is required, eliminating alert fatigue. We even built a tool for our customers to check our work.

The result is a more effective cyber threat hunting solution that is simple, transparent, affordable, and scalable.

Threat hunting for all

All our customers get the same coverage because we know what works. 

Our service includes the people (labour) and the technology for one affordable price.

In fact, you’ll find that when comparing threat hunting services, other vendor prices will be significantly higher — and no other vendor reviews 100% of your telemetry.

We cover the gap left by automated tools.

We’re dedicated providing clarity into cyber health because everyone should feel safe to do business online. Book your demo today to learn more.

  • Managed service – we do all the work

  • Full coverage for all, regardless of budget

  • One simple price

  • Pay only for what you use (volume discounts available)

  • No up front costs or set up fees

  • No alert fatigue – we only contact you when action is required

  • Save time and resources

  • Full transparency – no “black box” tech or hidden fees

Ready to learn more?

Yesterday I mentioned our relationship with CYDEF and encouraged police services to start looking further out for protection. Relying only on our managers and leaders is near sighted protection. We need over the horizon assistance and constant monitoring.

I hope you get some inquiries from public safety agencies. I enjoyed reading an recent article in the media that included CYDEF as a top 10 new IT company in Canada.

Scott Tod, Chief of Police